Contract Type: Employee/Contract
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for making technical decisions on all aspects of computer graphics in order to complete shot work for production including shader writing, rigging, look development, effects, dynamic simulation, lighting, compositing and rendering.
Defines how show resources should be used to achieve production goals.
Must possess extensive knowledge of as well as experience in multiple parts of the production process.
Makes creative decisions and comments about shots in order to achieve the required look and meet creative direction.
Work with show leads and artists to provide both technical leadership at both the facility and project level in order to keep the work flow continuous and productive.
Main areas of responsibility involve: leading the development of flexible and efficient CG pipelines to meet creative direction; ensuring solutions are effective in delivering shots and monitoring the performance of such;
hands on experience producing shots and effectively communicating the implementation of solutions between various departments.
Visual targets and quality
• addresses the body of work arriving
from scanning. Previews for initial color-correction requirements and
initial shot composite requirements
• monitors shot continuity in all aspects of quality control, including final color-correction for timely delivery
• facilitates production needs of every team member
• guides and mentors team members
• maintains team morale
• tests new techniques and technology as necessary
• helps leads and crew develop ''one-off'' techniques as necessary
Scheduling and daily work
• makes shot deliveries with Producer and Coordinator
• monitors resources, throughout each day, and delegates work priorities based on fluctuations in schedule and shot progress
• oversees the management of the resource workload
• monitors the render queue and reviews previous night logs for deviance on a daily basis
• reviews progress of shots for film-out on a daily basis, and approves shots as ready for film-out when the criteria are met
• assisting with notes and archives if necessary
• should have good working knowledge utilizing Maya, VRay, Houdini, and Mantra in a Linux environment
• working knowledge of Massive, Mari, and Syntheyes a plus
Learn about life in China:PXO China
To Apply for this Position:Please send an email to email@example.com with your current resume, a link to your demo reel and rate. Or apply online here: Apply Online
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Beijing office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.