Position Level: Supervisor
Contract Type: Employee
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- 5+ years of experience in visual effects.
- Demo reel that shows strong artistic skills including a strong sense of color, lighting, perspective, scale, and composition.
- Expert knowledge of Nuke (5+ years) is required.
- Comfortable with 3D compositing in Nuke.
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to deliver consistently high quality work, and encourage those around you to the same standards.
- The desire and passion to learn, be better, and make others around you better.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Key role in driving the overall direction of the 2D department as well as building up a world class compositing team.
- Lead, motivate and mentor our Compositing team to ensure all elements are complete and on time from beginning to end of each project
- Responsible for the management of the compositing team, the quality of the compositing work and an overview and development of the 2D pipeline across projects.
- Leads by example and maintains a hands on compositing role, but also takes on project specific duties including monitoring shot and overall project progress.
- Complete or assist with shots for each project
- Define techniques to complex visual effects shots and work with other departments and offices to completion.
- Assist in recruitment, reviewing reels and making recommendations
- Liaise directly with VFX Supervisor / Producer and delegate the compositing needs of the project(s) to the compositing team as well as represents the voice of the compositing crew with respect to workload and pipeline environment.
- Understanding of photography, composition, lighting, color and motion
- Extremely strong understanding of Nuke compositing software required
- Experience and knowledge of stereoscopic tools and methods desired
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Strong communication skills
- Time Management and organizational skills
- Aesthetically and creatively solid and capable of producing highest quality images
- Professional in all dealings with Production and crew
- Team player who takes direction well
- Dependable under pressure with attention to detail
You will also be required to have a work permit and permission to live in Germany if you are a non-EU citizen.
To Apply for this Position:Please send an email to email@example.com with your current resume, a link to your demo reel and rate. Or apply online here: Apply Online
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Stuttgart office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.