CGFX Artist (Houdini)
Position Level: Mid-Senior
Contract Type: Employee
- 5+ years production experience using Houdini in film/commercials
- Strong experience in fluid dynamics (smoke, dust, water), RBD, cloth / FEM, particles
- Strong understanding of both physical and art directable dynamic motion
- Proficient knowledge in VEX or VOPs
- Solid knowledge in PBR Shading / Lighting in Mantra
- Solid sense of composition, light and color
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and technical knowledge
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good problem solving skills
- A demo reel showing a strong sense of realistic effects
Duties & Responsibilities:
We are currently looking for a FX Senior Artist with 5+ years experience in the VFX industry to join our team in Stuttgart.
He/she will work with animation, lighting & compositing as necessary in order to meet FX animation objectives, and follow creative & technical briefs with regard to the production schedule and set milestones.
- Python scripting / HScript is a plus
- Basic understanding of multilayer compositing in Nuke
- Basic knowledge in other FX related software ( e.g. Marvelous Designer, SpeedTree, FumeFX )
- Basic knowledge in Maya, 3dsmax, ZBrush
- Linux experience
You will also be required to have a work permit and permission to live in Germany if you are a non-EU citizen.
To Apply for this Position:Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current resume, a link to your demo reel and rate. Or apply online here: Apply Online
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Stuttgart office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.