Lighting TD (Maya/Vray/Arnold)
Position Level: Junior - Senior
Contract Type: Employee
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
• Assist artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering.
• Support and work with multiple departments, including Modeling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and Research and Development.
• Optimize scenes for view port & render
• Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
• Work closely with other Technical Directors, Production Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, and Production Engineering to maintain and further the production pipeline.
• Assist in training and mentoring of other Entry Level and Associate Technical Directors
• Strong Knowledge of Maya and VRAY as well as Arnold
• 2+ years experience in visual effects
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good organization and communication skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a strong team environment
• Previous experience in a Visual Effects production environment
• Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines.
• Willingness to share knowledge
• Strong understanding of rendering methods
• Strong programming skills. Proficiency in Python and Mel Script
• Experience of real-world lighting and photography is a plus
• Knowledge of C an/or C++ is a plus
• HOUDINI / MANTRA experience would be a PLUS
You will also be required to have a work permit and permission to live in Germany if you are a non-EU citizen.
To Apply for this Position:Please send an email to email@example.com with your current resume, a link to your demo reel and rate. Or apply online here: Apply Online
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Stuttgart office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.