Matte Painter Senior
Position Level: Senior
Division: TV Series, Feature Film, Live Media and Commercial
Contract Type: Employee/Contract
- Ability to create photo-real environments and landscapes exhibiting a strong foundation in photo-realistic traditional and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes. Performs tasks related to integrating added imagery into a shot, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and colour. Also responsible for creating original 2D and 3D content that may comprise part or all of an environment.
- Combines painting skills in animation software, with knowledge of photography, practical and digital modelling, and design, to create 2D and 3D paintings for digital environments.
- Works closely with the Supervisor to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements.
- Must have a strong artistic background and a sharp eye for detail.
- 5 + years of production experience.
- Very good Adobe Photoshop Knowledge.
- Some experience of Nuke is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of camera focal lengths, good sense of composition and an understanding of different output requirements. Requires knowledge of 2D and 3D animation, software, and motion.
- Strong knowledge and ability in perspective, flatbed scanning, and motion.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including colour space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management (file format, bit depth resolution or appropriate layering of elements).
- A good understanding and application of basic perspective as a basis for a form building/correcting strategy in the creation of the digital environments.
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and colour.
To Apply for this Position:
Include your current resume and rate. Please make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone and email.
Priority will be given to US & Canadian applicants.
To Apply for this Position:Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current resume, a link to your demo reel and rate. Or apply online here: Apply Online
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Vancouver office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.