Position Level: Senior/Lead
Contract Type: Freelance, Employee/Contract
• Minimum 5 years proficiency in using Houdini
• Bachelor's degree in Animation, Arts, Fine Arts, or equivalent production experience
• Decent experience using Nuke
• Knowledge of any and/or all of the following:
rigid body and particle dynamics
volume modeling and rendering
procedural geometry generation
• Strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
• Experience with one or more other professional software packages, such as Maya, a plus
• Proficiency in shading and rendering techniques, ideally both Mantra and Renderman
• Scripting proficiency using Python, a plus
• Strong technical knowledge and organizational skills
• Good communication skills and able to take exact direction from show leads and FX TDs
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and deliver FX for the project within scheduled timelines
• Ensure that all production deadlines are met while producing work at a quality level in keeping with production requirements
• Identify obstacles that could potentially affect the timelines and delivery schedules
• Research and develop efficient techniques to create unique FX, animator FX rigs, and proxy FX rigs for previs
• Work with FX team to ensure work gets communicated and executed in a timely manner
• Collaborate with Compositing and Lighting Supervisors to ensure efficiency between departments
• Construct creative solutions for recurring FX in the production to be implemented in animation
• Participate in FX meetings and adjust/refine FX as required
• Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues with assistance from key stakeholders
• Oversee the daily activities and capabilities of the FX team
• Partner with Production Management to guide artists’ overall professional development, providing performance feedback, mentoring, assist with resolving performance issues and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew
• Foster a healthy and creative work environment
• Create documentation for animator FX rigs
• Accurately estimate time and resource needs to ensure project deadlines are met
Learn about life in China:PXO China
To Apply for this Position:Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current resume, a link to your demo reel and rate. Or apply online here: Apply Online
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Beijing office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.