Senior Matte Painter
Department: Matte Painting
Contract Type: Employee/Contract
• Ability to create photorealistic environments using 2D, 2.5D and 3D projection methods.
• Must have strong artistic background, and a sharp eye for detail.
• A high comfort level with 3D tools and projecting in Nuke.
• Work with live action footage, digital still photography, rendered cg elements and digital paint to create believable environments that are to be seamlessly integrated into the film.
• This will require an artist who is comfortable in a variety of implementations, be it 2D backdrops, textured elements/fixes and complex 2.5D/3D projections.
• 5 + years of production experience.
• Demo reel required, high quality.
• Proficient with Photoshop and Maya.
• Knowledge of and some experience with Nuke.
• Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including color space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management (file format, bit depth resolution or appropriate layering of elements).
• A good understanding and application of basic perspective as a basis for a form building/correcting strategy in the creation of the digital environments.
• Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and color.
• Working knowledge of the basic principles of 3D texture projections in Maya.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To Apply for this Position:Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current resume, a link to your demo reel and rate. Or apply online here: Apply Online
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Toronto office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.