Senior Python Developer
• Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years Python (comfortable designing APIs and larger application architecture)
• 2-3 years C/C++ Visual Studio (work will entail compiling complex VFX C/C++ libraries and dependencies on Windows)
• 1-3 years SQL / RDBMS database admin (and/or equivalent experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB + Redis)
• Strong familiarity with git / svn and collaborative workflows (code review, standards, etc.)
• Reasonably comfortable with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools and procedures
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain shared Python libraries, web interfaces, microservices, and databases.
• Manage and troubleshoot a complex deployment mechanism to ensure maximum uptime.
• Maintain, refactor, improve, and test existing code to reduce technical debt.
• Proactively help refine and improve the team's development standards and processes.
• Communicate with team and other production personnel.
• Do code reviews and give productive feedback to team members.
• Submit your own code for code reviews.
• UI development using PySide / PyQt4
• Linux Administration experience and familiary with VMs (Vagrant / Docker knowledge a plus)
• Experience deploying memcached / redis and other caching systems
• Experience with Agile (Scrum / Kanban), the ideal applicant is comfortable coaching others in Agile
• Experience deploying ELK stack or other logging / stats / visualization tools
To Apply for this Position:Please send an email to email@example.com with your current resume, a link to your demo reel and rate. Or apply online here: Apply Online
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Toronto office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.