VFX Editorial – Data I/O Intern
Position Level: Intern
Division: Feature Film, TV Shows, Live Media and Commercial
• Good technical knowledge of editorial and color workflows.
• Basic knowledge of video codecs, file formats, frame rates, compression and resolutions.
• Familiar with Premiere Pro, Avid and/or DaVinci Resolve is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Nuke is advantageous, but not required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage sequence and shot turnovers to VFX, including all VFX elements and reference plates, documenting the notes from editors and director about required VFX work for each shot in details.
• Generate count sheets and plate line-up information and translate data into the online shot tracking database (Shotgun).
• Create Avid ref sequences to represent directors' creative intent for each shot, at correct frame length, for final delivery.
• Update sequences with any changes to the cut and communicate changes to the VFX team.
• Cut in VFX works in progress and finals into master cut sequences, confirm timing, line-ups, and that the work matches what was requested in shot turnover sheets.
• Quality control checks of all VFX shots as shots are submitted for reviews.
• Host any necessary VFX editorial review for VFX supervisors, as well as editors and directors.
• Maintain database of shot turnover sheets, as well as shot final sheets, to be used as documentation for final conform.
• Provide support to digital artists, as needed.
• Please be aware that the focus of this position is rather on the technical and not creative side of editing.
• Understanding the limitations of your knowledge and seeking expert advice when appropriate.
• General problem solving skills.
• Communicational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a strong team environment.
• Love to work detailsoriented and are very reliable. You're the first person to touch the plate elements, so the whole pipeline is dependent on the correctness of your work.
To Apply for this Position:Please send an email to email@example.com with your current resume, a link to your demo reel and rate. Or apply online here: Apply Online
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Stuttgart office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.