Position Level: experienced
Contract Type: Freelance
Duties & Responsibilities:
Communicate client direction to in house department supervisors and leads.
Work with team on Look Development of VFX sequences.
Manage performance and morale of in house artists.
Provide artistic supervision throughout production process.
Approve shots in conjunction with Creative Director.
Work closely with Producers and Coordinators to establish and manage the project teams and budgets.
Follow all studio policies and procedures.
Keep up to date with internal techniques, tools & software.
Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
Assist in overall team communication and contribute to positive work environment.
Attend dailies as required.
Attend interviews and take part in recruitment when required.
Manage team performance evaluations in conjunction with HR requirements.
Attend management related meetings.
Other reasonable duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 10+ years VFX post-production experience, this must be recent.
· Solid previous experience as CG or 2D Supervisor and most recently VFX Supervisor experience on 2 or 3 major projects.
· Creative eye and aesthetic judgment with a deep understanding of composition, cinematic design and animation timing.
· Must have an understanding of Directing/Lighting/Camera work/Practical Effects/Camera Gripping/Art Department/Production Design and Props.
· Excellent understanding of composition, light and color with strong attention to detail.
· On-set supervision experience.
· Ability to work to and meet strict deadlines often under pressure.
· Excellent communication, organization skills and financial and budget management skills.
· A thorough understanding of the CG & 2D principles and pipeline.
· Proven team leader with strong motivational qualities.
· Technically and creatively astute.
· Highly organized.
· Able to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
Learn about life in China:PXO China
To Apply for this Position:Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current resume, a link to your demo reel and rate. Or apply online here: Apply Online
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Beijing office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.